Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Yellow Brick Road - Touched by a Butterfly


Once upon a time, long, long ago (in a galaxy far, far away...) (sorry, got distracted), I was a new baby digiscrapper. As I started looking around at kits, the bright colors of this one jumped out and grabbed me just like the apple trees in the dark forest grabbed Dorothy and Scarecrow.

I loved this kit so much that when I stumbled across a CT Call for this designer, even though I had NO idea what I was doing, I applied - and Celeste was sweet enough to give me my first CT home!

There are some movies that grab your attention and stand the test of time, becoming absolutely legendary and a thing that is passed down from generation to generation. "The Wizard of Oz" is one of those.

Now, as it so happened, my nieces do dance, and their routine that particular year was (you guessed it!) "Ease on Down the Road," from "The Wiz." So it was PERFECT to grab some pictures my sister-in-law posted on Facebook and combine them with this kit to get this early scrappy project:


Speaking of "The Wiz," for my high school graduation, our choir sang the song "Home" from that show. The opening line has long rung true for me:
"When I think of home,

I think of a place
Where there's love overflowing...."

With my husband, our homes have always been overflowing with love - all three (and only three) that we have lived in during our 33 years of marriage.


So whether you want to make layouts about what home means to you, or about friendship with people who are different than you are, this "Yellow Brick Road" mini kit is a great start to your "Wizard of Oz" collection.

This mini kit contains 5 patterned papers and the following 30 elements: A basket, a bike, a castle, a dog, flowers, a flying monkey, frames, a girl, a hot air balloon, a house, a lady, a lion, lollipops, a man, an oil can, a queen, ric rac, a yellow brick road, a scarecrow, shoes, a tin man, a tornado, wicked witch legs and a witch.

You can grab this mini kit - and the entire store, actually - at the Touched by a Butterfly store for 65% off through the end of August (2016). Celeste is retiring from digiscrap design and shutting down her private store at the end of the month, so this is a chance to grab some great goodies from the My Memories Designer of the Year for 2013 and 2014! (After this month, all of her designs will still be available at My Memories at regular price.)

 I hope you'll have fun with "Yellow Brick Road" and watch out for those lions, tigers and bears (OH MY!).

************************************************


Please:
1. Tell your friends about this blog. The more traffic it has, the more designers will share their kits and have special deals on them!

2. If you're of a geeky nature, come join our Facebook group, Digi Geek! Here is where you can ask for sources for hard-to-find scrap kits to match your fandom. (And if you're a designer, you're welcome to use the group's photo albums to archive your previews and store links for people to find.)

3. If you have certain requests, let me know! I know what MY interests are, but I also know there are many more out there, and I want to give good representation to all of them!




No comments:

Post a Comment